Delivering Net Gains for the Environment through Built Development
Foundations course (online)
Two 90 minute CPD-level online training sessions on the 17th & 19th January 2023 10:00 - 11:30
Why this course matters
As mandatory biodiversity net gain is becoming law in England and also increasingly applied in the rest of the UK, attention is turning to how built development can secure net gains for the natural environment as a whole. There is a strong business case for measuring net gains for the environment in a transparent and objective way, based on the best available science. It is about showing a positive response to the nature and climate challenges.
In partnership with net gain experts at WSP, the Ecosystems Knowledge Network is now offering cutting-edge training designed to equip professionals involved in shaping the built environment with all they need to know to secure net gains for the environment. The training is designed to assist projects large and small in both urban and rural areas.
Participation in these courses will give participants the confidence to champion net gains for the environment in their organisation, as well as the ability to undertake their own robust technical assessments with minimal need for dependence on external support.
This course is for those who need to know how net gains for the environment can be implemented for projects to deliver added value for clients and customers. It is delivered by experts from WSP, the developers of the NATURE Tool (Nature Assessment Tool for Urban and Rural Environments); a user-friendly and easy to use Excel tool designed to assess the impact of land-use and management change with the aim of achieving net gains for the environment.
- The business case for achieving net gains for the environment
- Relationship with biodiversity net gain, net zero and nature positive goals
- Use of net gain indicators and evidence in design, master planning, impact assessment and planning applications
- Introduction to the NATURE Tool
- Certificate of attendance 3 hours CPD
- Pre-course questionnaire to assess knowledge needs
- Course materials
- Two 90-minute online sessions - 10:00 - 11:30
- Cost per course £150 (discounts for group bookings and early-bird prices).
- Maximum 20 trainees